Leonardo da Vinci

 Hello there!

Today I am going to talk about Leonardo da Vinci. Together with some of my classmates, we think he was the first designer. Why? Because through the observation of references that he found in nature, Leonardo was inspired to create new inventions.

He analyzed these references, then made sketches until he came up with a design that convinced him. He looked for materials to build some models and then created a prototype, which is practically the work of a designer. 




Over time, it has been believed that some of his inventions did not work, but in fact he purposely left mistakes in his books so that if they were stolen, they could not be put together. Only he knew where the mistake was and could build his invention right.



Leonardo da Vinci, as we all know, was born in Vinci, in 1452. He trained as an artist in Florence, in the workshop of Andrea del Verrocchio, but much of his career was spent in other Italian cities such as Milan and Rome, where he worked as an engineer, painter and inventor, among other things, for the Medici and the Sforza. 

His major works are The Mona Lisa, Virgin of the Rocks and The Last Supper. 

I admire him mainly for his love of Art and Science. For all that Leonardo studied and understood about the world. For me he is a great inspiration. He is a symbol of the Renaissance and I think his greatest contribution has been to show us all that a human being can be. 


When I visited the "Casa Natale di Leonardo da Vinci"



* Bonus track: At this moment, I am writing from a plane flying from Bogotá to Lima, where I will have a stopover in Chile and I will send my assignment from the airport!



Comentarios

  1. Da Vinci was undoubtedly a great designer. Enjoy your trip, I would like to go on a plane right now too.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 5: Changes to my study program

Post 3: My dream job